21.09.2014 // Manchester City vs Chelsea // EPL Video Highlight [1-1]


The Blues legend, Frank Lampard volleyed in James Milner's cross to pull the Premier League champions level after Andre Schurrle had broken the deadlock and Pablo Zabaleta had seen red

Frank Lampard came back to haunt Chelsea as 10-man Manchester City rallied to earn a share of the spoils after a dramatic encounter at the Etihad Stadium. The 36-year-old came on as a substitute to net his first goal for Manchester City - against his former club - to salvage a point for the Premier League champions

Frank Lampard admits he was “lost for words” after his first goal for Manchester City rescued a 1-1 draw against Chelsea.

"It’s a really difficult one,” Lampard told Sky Sports. 

“I’d be unprofessional if I didn’t come on and do my job. I tried to get back in the box, it was a great ball from Milly [James Milner]. I had 13 amazing years with Chelsea fans. So I’m mixed [sic] with it. Obviously, I’m really pleased the team I play for got a draw, so it a really hard one for me to answer.

“I’m a bit lost for words. I didn’t expect to come on and score like that. I come on and the Chelsea fans are signing and that’s emotional, then I’m playing for this club who have taken me in brilliantly as well. So I’m really stuck in the middle here.”

“I didn’t know what I wanted from today, it was a tough one. I suppose this can be seen as a happy medium at the end. It’s a long season, and these two teams, plus others will fight on, it’ll make for an interesting Premier League.”

Watch Video Highlight below:



1 comment:

Please keep your comments civil and to the point. Any off remark on gender, racism, etc will be deleted.
................................................................................................................................................................

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are not written by the owner, therefore, the blog owner will not be liable for any comment made by readers. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us |

_

RealTalk Undressed