TheNwando: For The Love Of The Night... [OPINION]


Inspiration comes at night time to me

When all is quiet and I can hear myself
Grateful for times like tonight
It is at moments like these that I indulge in self reflection
Life and its endless possibilities

My fears and cowardice
Things I will never be bold enough to say
I play some music and close my eyes
Get lost in the beats and the voice straining to sing what it feels

Maybe that is an easy way to get your words across
I like to think I am an old soul
Always have been lost in the tiny details of life
A weathered soul

The song on the radio struck a chord
It is in this moment that I think of you
How much you mean and the things you make me feel
In our ordinary moments, not the best or worst

Just those everyday ones
My soul feels young
Tonight, I feel every strain in the voice on the radio
“No wonder I keep you close,

Keep me young and call my bluffs,
When you go, I’ll know I’m old”
So like the song coming out of my headphones
If I never let you go, will you keep me young?

Love x Light,

N.

****

Originally published by Nwando 

2 comments:

Please keep your comments civil and to the point. Any off remark on gender, racism, etc will be deleted.
................................................................................................................................................................

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are not written by the owner, therefore, the blog owner will not be liable for any comment made by readers. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us |

_

RealTalk Undressed